Nakara Primary has a proud history of participation and success in the International Tournament of Minds competition.
ToMs has four disciplines The Arts, Language and Literature, Social Sciences, and STEM,
Teams have 6 weeks to form a solution to a challenge. They must present their solution as a team to a panel of judges. Regional winners go on to compete in the International competition.
The Tournament of Minds objectives are:
- To promote the stimulation of real, open-ended challenges;
- To develop creative problem-solving approaches and techniques;
- To foster cooperative learning and teamwork;
- To promote knowledge and appreciation of self and others;
- To encourage experimentation and risk-taking;
- To expand and reward creative and divergent thinking;
- To stimulate a spirit of inquiry and a love of learning;
- To develop enterprise; and
- To celebrate excellence.
2021 Nakara ToMs Teams
In 2021 Nakara Primary won all 4 categories: STEM, Social Sciences, Language and Literature and Arts. Congratulations to all 2020 ToMs students and their facilitators Mrs Koulakis, Mrs Pick, Ms Masters and Mrs Roestenburg.